The best video games for kids have some learning value and some positive messages.
Ideally, games for kids should:
- explore real, everyday activities
- reveal fantasy worlds in creative, imaginative ways
- teach your child that playing fairly is better than winning
- give your child opportunities to take turns and play with others as a team
- have different levels of difficulty, so the game can evolve and your child can progress through its stages
- be interactive and involve decision-making – this way your child gets an increased sense of control and independence
- be able to be played by several players
- not feature violent heroes, sexist stereotypes or characters with unrealistic body images.